Thursday, January 29, 2009

What did YOU do on your "Snow Day"???

Hmmm... Let's see. My alarm went off at 5:30 as it always does. I moaned and groaned (I have a bad cold) and lay very still to see if I could "hear" snow. You see, in my neighborhood, if it snows, the street gets very quiet- unusually quiet. I couldn't tell, so I moaned again and started to get out of bed. My husband came in and told me to go back to sleep- that school was CLOSED! 

Alas, I was already awake, so I jumped out of bed, ran to the phone to call Ms. Cooper, had my cup of coffee, listened to the news a little, then got on my treadmill to run for my usual 30 minutes. After that, I did my yoga and meditated. Now fully awake and charged, I got on my boots, gloves, ear warmers, and coat, grabbed my shovel and proceeded to shovel my steps and sidewalk. Feeling very energetic, I continued down the block to my elderly neighbors' houses and shoveled their walks and steps as well. (Gee, aren't I such a nice person.) Then I came back in, drank a nice cup of herbal tea, and watched TV. Yes, you read that right- I watched TV. I was going to do my favorite thing and read, but my cold got the better of me, so I "vegged out" and curled up with a blanket and some mindless television. (I like HGTV.)

So, how did YOU spend your day?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the night before, my mother bought a digital converter box, and a transformer, (Read about that on my blog.)so the morning after, we spent all day trying to adjust the converter box. It was a sad day.

Anonymous said...

oh'' my goodnees it's alot of snow.

Anonymous said...

ms becker that is a lot of snow back thin

Anonymous said...

hey ms.becker what you doing.

Anonymous said...

Hi on the snow day i went to a funeral.The next day i went outside and shovel the snow.

Ms. Becker said...

Wow, Yasmeen. Funerals are a hard thing to begin with let alone with a lot of snow.

Anonymous said...

HI MS.BECKER, I ALMOST SHOVELED MY NEIGHBORHOOD! I DID I SHOVEL TO THE SCHOOL.....................

Ms. Becker said...

Wow, George! You sure got a lot of exercise! Did you do it out of the kindness of your heart or did you make money? ; )

Anonymous said...

I JUST DID IT FOR FUN AKS KING WHAT IS HIS BLOG NAME

Ms. Becker said...

George- that WOULD be you! Doing something for fun-- you REALLY did it just to be nice. You're that kind of a kid.

I can't post King's blog link here. He hasn't made it "public" for safety reasons. You'll have to ask him yourself. Sorry...

Anonymous said...

OK I SEE HIM THURDAY

Ms. Becker said...

George, I spoke to King. He said he'd call you.